Family of Slain South Jordan Man Speak Out For First Time
NORTH SALT LAKE, Utah – A North Salt Lake family is mourning the loss of their husband and father, who police say was murdered after delivering an eviction notice early this week.
The victim’s brother says the family doesn’t want to focus on the details of the case, but rather on the legacy David Stokoe’s life.
“He would create vision boards and set these goals, and so action oriented and he would complete them,” his brother Neil Stokoe explained “But really how to focus on the things that matter. And that was God, that was his family and that was relationships with other people.”
Police arrested Manuel Velasquez, Diana Hernandez and Jessica Miller, also known as Jessice Reese.
A probable cause statement suggest Velasquez pulled the trigger, the two women face obstruction of justice charges for helping Velasquez hide the body.
The Stokoe family hopes to never think of Dave Stokoe as a murder victim. They say he was their hero, a father of four and a father figure to many others.
“There’s so much good that’s happening right now, because of this situation. The outreach that we are seeing, the community that is coming together. People that are rallying,” said Neil Stokoe.
Stokoe colleagues are holding a vigil Monday at 5:30 p.m. at 9272 South 700 East, Sandy, UT 84070. The public is invited to attend.
A memorial service is planned for later in the week, the family hasn’t yet announced the time or place.
- Anchorage Alaska Temple to be rebuilt, moved to a new location - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8444)
- Search warrant reveals neighbors discovered bodies of Haight family (pageviews: 7455)
- Body found inside limestone kiln in Salt Lake City foothills (pageviews: 6751)
- Slain Enoch girl texted friend that dad was acting strange and she was worried (pageviews: 5763)
- ‘Overwhelming’ response for radon testing after Lehi woman shares cancer diagnosis story - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5046)
- Snow College employee found dead in off-campus student housing unit (pageviews: 3984)