Jordan School District: No Makeup Day For Snow Day
SOUTH JORDAN, Utah – Jordan School District students will not have to makeup the day they missed last week due to heavy snow and bad road conditions.
The makeup day was switched from an instructional day for students to a professional development day.
“Last night, the Board of Education unanimously supported a plan to convert the instructional day to a professional development day for teachers,” The Jordan School District said on their Facebook page. “The decision will be ratified at the Board meeting on February 26.”
The district encouraged students to access resources for learning in a variety of subjects.
“While there will be no makeup day, we want to make students and parents aware of Utah’s collection of free student online-resources provided through the Utah Education and Telehealth Network (UETN),” the district said. “These online resources can enhance student learning at home in a wide variety of subjects.”
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 5101)
- Snow advisories could bring up to 14 inches of snow Friday night (pageviews: 4500)
- Utah man arrested, charged with possessing fentanyl with intent to distribute (pageviews: 2760)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 2490)
- Passenger dead after attempting to move crashed truck on SR-89 (pageviews: 2389)
- School bus hits and kills 15-year-old girl (pageviews: 2147)