5-Year-Old Girl In Critical Condition After Being Struck By SUV
CENTERVILLE, Utah – A child was transported by helicopter to the hospital Friday morning after being hit by a vehicle.
The incident was happened at 8:37 a.m. in the area of 560 West and 2025 North.
Centerville Police Department Lt. Zan Robison said a 5-year-old girl was in the westbound lane of the road when she was hit by an SUV.
The driver is cooperating with investigators and claimed she was going about 20 miles per hour when the child ran into the road, according to Centerville Police. The driver didn’t see the girl and wasn’t aware she was in the road until after the impact.
The girl was “conscious but not alert” as she was being flown to Primary Children’s Hospital.
— Derek Petersen (@Derek_Photog) March 15, 2019
The child is in critical condition with a femur fracture and an apparent brain injury.
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 14388)
- Teens build intricate 'Gingerbread Cathedral,' get out of writing essay (pageviews: 5568)
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday (pageviews: 5477)
- Locations of 6 international temples released (pageviews: 5250)
- SB I-15 closed in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 4962)
- Utah's Festival of Trees returns to an in-person event (pageviews: 3162)