Crews Preparing For 100K People Expected For General Conference
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The General Conference for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will attract tens of thousands of people to the downtown area this weekend, and crews on Friday were making the final preparations.
Outside the faith’s Conference Center, it was a busy day as those crews worked to make sure it is ready to welcome what will be more than 100,000 church members who will attend during the five sessions on Saturday and Sunday.
The focus of Latter-day Saints from around the world will also be on the Conference Center, as they await messages of faith and instruction from church leaders.
It has been one year since President Russell M. Nelson was sustained as the 17th President of the Church. It’s been a year full of changes, from the end of home teaching in favor of ministering to the home-centered church plan. And just yesterday, the Church announced the policy change involving children of same sex couples.
This conference comes after the unprecedented dedication of the Rome Italy Temple, attended by each member of the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.
The sessions of General Conference will be at both 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. You can watch on air on KSL TV, on KSLTV.com, or on our app, which is available on Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Google Play, or on your phone. Download the KSLTV app here:
- ‘Our worst fears': Kidnapped baby, parents, uncle found dead (pageviews: 6449)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6433)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 6050)
- One dead, one in critical condition after I-15 crash in Ogden (pageviews: 5371)
- Tooele man arrested, accused of biting off part of teen's ear (pageviews: 3347)
- Father, son found dead inside West Jordan home (pageviews: 3137)