POLICE: 20-Year-Old Cited, Released for DUI After Crashing Through Apartment Parking Area in Roy
ROY CITY, Utah – A 20-year-old man was cited and released early Saturday morning for driving under the influence after police say he crashed through a parking area of an apartment complex.
Around 5:30 a.m., Roy City Police Department officers said they arrived at an apartment complex at 2570 W. and 5650 S. and found a truck that appeared to be stuck to a fence.
When they investigated further, they found the truck had entered a small parking area, struck two other vehicles, and then backed through two fences.
In a Facebook post, the police department shared photos of the crash along with the caption, “Don’t drink and drive. This is a concept that some find difficult to understand. This is what three times the .05 limit at 5:30 a.m. looks like. Dumb decisions have lasting consequences for the arrestee and the victims. 🍻 + 🚙 =🚔”
They said the underage driver was cooperative with police and that his name will not be released.
An estimate of property damage was not provided by police, but they did say two vinyl fences and two vehicles were damaged.
- Slain Enoch girl texted friend that dad was acting strange and she was worried (pageviews: 14110)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13553)
- Body found inside limestone kiln in Salt Lake City foothills (pageviews: 8491)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said (pageviews: 7883)
- BREAKING: Shots fired at Taylorsville High School (pageviews: 7144)
- BREAKING: Shots fired at Taylorsville High School - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5583)