Utah Officials Mark Earth Day With Renewable Energy Act Signing
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – To mark Earth Day, city leaders and business representatives are gathering in Salt Lake City to celebrate what is being touted as a first-of-its-kind clean energy bill.
Mayor Jackie Biskupski will meet with representatives from Park City and Summit County, along with Rocky Mountain Power, to celebrate House Bill 411.
The Community Renewable Energy Act, which was signed into law last month, authorizes a path to net 100% renewable electricity.
Later Monday, Gov. Gary Herbert will ceremoniously sign the bill, and Salt Lake City will unveil its latest electric vehicle charging stations.
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7375)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 7194)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6211)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5382)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station (pageviews: 4290)
- Centerville wildfire ‘most likely’ caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4224)