Semi-Truck Crashes On I-15 After Driver Suffers Medical Incident
SOUTH SALT LAKE, Utah – A semi-truck crashed on southbound I-15 Thursday after the driver suffered a medical incident, authorities said.
The crash had multiple lanes closed at the interchange of I-15 and I-80 as crews worked to contain fuel spilled from the semi.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, the truck crashed into a barrier on the highway at 2700 South. Other drivers stopped at the scene and pulled the man from the cab and administered CPR until first responders arrived.
Officials said the driver was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
The identity of the truck driver has not yet been released.
We are on scene of an incident at 2700 S I-15 SB. A semi driver suffered a medical incident, citizens pulled him out of the semi and began CPR until EMTs arrived. The truck, hauling gravel, drove up onto the right side barrier where it came to a stop. pic.twitter.com/L05mVnT4Ek
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) May 2, 2019
- Utah's Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? (pageviews: 8563)
- Utah’s Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3901)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility (pageviews: 3445)
- Utah correctional officer assaulted by inmate at state prison (pageviews: 2621)
- Alleged fraud committed by top leaders at Layton Christian Academy - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2604)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2477)