Ogden Canyon Closed As Crews Work To Recover Drowning Victim
OGDEN, Utah – All lanes of state Route 39 are closed in Ogden Canyon as authorities are responding to a drowning.
The road is closed at the mouth of Ogden Canyon, according to the Utah Department of Transportation. The canyon will be closed until further notice as authorities work to recover the body, Weber Fire District officials said in a Tweet.
Heavy Rescue teams from Weber, Ogden, and Riverdale Fire Departments, as well as Weber County Sheriffs and Search and Rescue, are working in the Ogden River on a body recovery. Ogden Canyon is closed until further notice. pic.twitter.com/3MdroEhTT5
— Weber Fire District (@WeberFireDist) May 6, 2019
The person who drowned is an 80-year-old man from the Pineview area, Weber County Sheriff’s Office Lt. Matt Jensen said.
He was not sure if the drowning was an accident or if other circumstances led to the man’s death. Authorities are still investigating the incident, he said.
Rescue crews from Weber, Ogden and Riverdale fire departments, as well as Weber County Sheriff’s Office Search and Rescue, responded to the drowning, Weber Fire District officials said.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9267)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 8058)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 6022)
- Trail runner hurt by cougar in Millcreek Canyon; DWR locates, euthanizes animal (pageviews: 3183)
- One person dead after shooting at Salt Lake City apartment complex (pageviews: 2423)