New Photo Book Highlights Lost Utah History
A remarkable photo book with connections to the Golden Spike anniversary is bringing a bit of lost history to Utah.
Western explorer John Wesley Powell left on his first journey down the Colorado River exactly 150 years ago. That was one day after the joining of the railroad.
On his frequent adventures through Utah, Powell encountered native people, mostly Southern Paiutes – who became friends, guides, and the subject of portrait John Hillers’ remarkable photos.
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 11575)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9563)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting (pageviews: 5197)
- Attempted kidnapping near Utah junior high has school, police warning parents (pageviews: 3641)
- Live (pageviews: 2740)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County (pageviews: 2074)