Crash Closes Ramp From I-215 Northbound To I-80 Westbound
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Crews closed the ramp from northbound I-215 to westbound I-80 after a crash Thursday night, and the ramp remained closed early Friday.
A semi-truck hauling a trailer failed to make the turn correctly, officials said, and damaged the railing along the curve.
UDOT crews have been replacing the railing since the incident.
@UTHighwayPatrol says A crash from last night involving a semi that failed to make a curve damaged railing along I-215 west NB to I-80 WB. Crews have been replacing railing all night Ana it’s now impacting traffic. @KSL5TV pic.twitter.com/3VfcPaMBpE
— Felicia Martinez (@FeliciaNews) May 17, 2019
The ramp closure is causing traffic issues in the area. Commuters who usually take the ramp to drive toward the Salt Lake International Airport are encouraged to take the Redwood Road ramp instead and drive east along North Temple.
- Utah police ask for help locating suspect in Amazon robbery (pageviews: 3523)
- Real Housewives of SLC Jennie Nguyen no longer cast member after 'offensive' social media posts (pageviews: 3509)
- Body found in Jordan River, police investigating (pageviews: 3503)
- 3x Region Champs, North Sanpete drill coaches go viral in video (pageviews: 3387)
- Wednesday's Child: Creative 13-year-old Kaydee hopes to find forever family (pageviews: 2864)
- Sewage provides alternative insight into COVID-19 surge direction (pageviews: 2841)