Memorial Day Travel Expected To Hit Record Numbers
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Memorial Day 2019 is already shaping up to be a record-breaking holiday.
According to AAA, nearly 43 million Americans will be celebrating the holiday with a weekend getaway.
The majority of those travelers aren’t letting the rising gas prices get in the way; more than 37 million people are planning to take a road trip. That’s about 3.5% more than in 2018.
Experts predict delays up to three times longer than a normal commute. They say if you’re able to leave as early as Wednesday, you should.
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 23816)
- Off-duty officer saves Draper mom from drowning (pageviews: 18797)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6273)
- Police: Man dead after riding lawn mower falls off terrace (pageviews: 3369)
- 4 charged in Texas semi-truck smuggling operation that left 53 migrants dead (pageviews: 3159)
- 2nd visitor in 3 days gored by Yellowstone park bison (pageviews: 3152)