Utah County Man Missing Since May 16; Vehicle Found Abandoned
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Police are asking for the public’s help locating a man who suffers from memory loss and hasn’t been seen since May 16.
Edward Dale Reynolds, 68, of Goshen, reportedly left his home driving a white 1986 Dodge pickup east on state Route 6. The truck was later found in a far southwest part of Utah County, according to authorities.
Dodge pickup that was driven by missing Goshen man, Edward Reynolds, has been found in a far southwest part of Utah County, 7 miles south of Elberta. Mr. Reynolds has not been found. SAR, Mounted Posse, and fixed wing aircraft are searching for him. K9’s are also being used. pic.twitter.com/9U2kSCMMkF
— Spencer Cannon (@SGTCannonPIO) May 21, 2019
Sgt. Spencer Cannon, Utah County Sheriff’s Office public information officer, posted a tweet stating the vehicle was found seven miles south or Elberta. Search and Rescue, a mounted posse, fixed-wing aircraft and K-9 units are all being utilized to find Reynolds, Cannon wrote.
Officials said Reynolds did not have his medication.
Searchers have been looking all day trying to find a missing man in remote southwestern Utah County. What they found here and where the situation stands tonight, @KSL5TV at 10p #KSLTV #Utah pic.twitter.com/Omod1wiY4I
— Andrew Adams (@AndrewAdamsKSL) May 22, 2019
Searchers didn’t find anything aside from the vehicle Tuesday. The called of the search for the day around 8:30 p.m.
Search efforts will resume 8:00 a.m. Wednesday.
Anyone with information is asked to call Central Utah 911 at 801-794-3970.
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 36760)
- Body in Provo identified as jogger killed in hit-and-run (pageviews: 18142)
- High winds, heavy snow warning for 'hazardous conditions' Friday morning (pageviews: 7530)
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil (pageviews: 6148)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 5835)
- Lehi mom stranded in snowstorm grateful for help from unexpected stranger - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5830)
- Winter storm leads to messy morning commute; schools moving online, delaying starts - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5795)