‘We Feel Strongly That Lizzy Has Been Found’
LOGAN, Utah — Police said they located human remains they believe to be those of missing girl Elizabeth “Lizzy” Shelley today after receiving a map from her uncle.
Logan City Police held a press conference at 5 p.m. today to update police after Alex Whipple’s attorney told KSL TV his client had provided the location of the location of the body to police.
Police said they received word today about noon that negotiations had taken place between attorneys on both sides for Whipple to share information on the whereabouts of Lizzy’s body in exchange for the death penalty to be taken off the table.
The human remains were located in a wooded area about a 1/2 block from Lizzy’s home, reportedly this is the same general area in which evidence was found.
“It’s hard to believe that we’ve been through that area and we were unable to find her,” Chief Gary Jensen said. “We feel strongly that Lizzy has been found.”
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8296)
- Attempted kidnapping near Utah junior high has school, police warning parents (pageviews: 5701)
- Suspect arrested in connection to ritualistic child sex abuse investigation (pageviews: 4813)
- Three-vehicle crash closes Mountain View Corridor, one passenger ejected (pageviews: 3465)
- Police: Suspect shot, hospitalized after exchanging gunfire with Orem officers (pageviews: 3004)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County (pageviews: 2451)