JK Studios Competes on NBC’s ‘Bring the Funny’
PROVO, Utah — Provo-grown comedy group “JK! Studios” is heading to NBC’s TV lineup.
The comedians will be competing on ‘Bring the Funny’ a comedy competition show that air on NBC July 9. The show will feature celebrity judges Kenan Thompson, Chrissy Teigen and Jeff Foxworthy.
Comedian Natalie Madsen said the experience of taping the show in Los Angeles last month was one the group will never forget.
“It felt like comedy summer camp, everybody was so supportive of each other,” Madsen said. “I know that it was a competition, but it also was just about experiencing this new thing together.”
The group is one of 40 comedic acts competing for the $250,000 prize and the opportunity to perform at the 2020 Just for Laughs Festival.
“There are stand-up comedians, there are sketch comedians like us and there are also variety,” Madsen said.
Cast member Stacey Harkey said six of the group’s ten members participated in the competition. He credits their experience in the industry so far for their success.
“We have worked with broadcast television and started with live sketch, so we are really familiar with these worlds,” Harkey said.
As for what they performed on the show that is still under wraps.
“So the stuff that you are going to see on our debut, that has not been seen by anyone,” Harkey said. “We were like writing it while we were out there.”
The group left BYU’s Studio C last fall to start their own family-friendly digital online network.
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 21408)
- Off-duty officer saves Draper mom from drowning (pageviews: 14286)
- R. Kelly sentenced to 30 years in sex trafficking case (pageviews: 6417)
- UPDATE: Ogden teen found by family (pageviews: 5704)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4791)
- Yellowstone bison gores Colorado man, causes arm injury (pageviews: 3806)