Teen Airlifted To Hospital With Severe Head Trauma After Motorcycle Crash
HERRIMAN, Utah – A teenager was transported by helicopter to the hospital after crashing a motorcycle into the back of a dump truck pulling a trailer, according to police.
According to the Herriman City Police Department, witnesses said the 17-year-old boy was on a black motorcycle traveling southbound on Mountain View Corridor at a high rate of speed. The motorcycle passed a vehicle at 12800 South, where it impacted the rear end of a dump truck pulling a pup trailer.
The teen was not wearing a helmet and was airlifted in extremely critical condition with severe head trauma, police said.
Mountain View Corridor was closed Monday morning while authorities investigate the crash.
“We have been unable to identify the dump truck involved in this crash,” according to a media release issued by HCPD. “The impact to the rear of the pup trailer was not likely significant enough to cause the driver of the truck to be aware of what had happened. We are asking for anyone who was operating a dump truck pulling a pup trailer southbound on Mountain View Corridor near 12600 South between 7 – 7:30 this morning to please check the rear end of their pup trailer for damage and reach out to us at 801-840-4000. Also, anyone driving in the area this morning who may have witnessed this crash or the circumstances leading up to it is also asked to contact Herriman PD.”
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9267)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 8058)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 6022)
- Trail runner hurt by cougar in Millcreek Canyon; DWR locates, euthanizes animal (pageviews: 3183)
- One person dead after shooting at Salt Lake City apartment complex (pageviews: 2423)