National Dump The Pump Day: Alternatives To Gas
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Thursday is National Dump the Pump Day, where Americans are encouraged to find alternatives to fossil fuels in order to get around.
Happening on the third Thursday of June, “National Dump the Pump encourages people to ride public transportation instead of driving and save money,” according to National Day Calendar.
“When gas prices are high and the economy is tight, riding public transportation is a good alternative and an economical way to save money,” according to the site. “Many Americans use local public transportation to commute to and from work, school, for shopping and errands, and even to make family visits. This can save you money on fuel along with wear and tear on your car. It can also possibly reduce your commute time and help reduce road congestion.”
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 12623)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as 'the life of the party' (pageviews: 8243)
- Netflix’s ‘Falling for Christmas’ filmed at these charming Utah locations - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6214)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as ‘the life of the party’ - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5376)
- Utah family gets 'a measure of justice' in 50-year-old rape case (pageviews: 5319)
- Man arrested for breaking into Provo temple, claiming he was just cold, police say (pageviews: 4730)