Woman Riding Suspected Stolen Bike Injured After Crashing Into Police
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – A woman riding a bike believed to be stolen is in critical condition after she crashed into a police cruiser, authorities said.
The incident happened Thursday night on the University of Utah campus.
Police said an officer was responding to a call of stolen bicycles at the Marriott Library. When the officer reached the intersection of 400 South and University Boulevard, the bicyclist collided with the vehicle.
The rider, described as a woman in her mid-20s, was taken to a hospital in critical but stable condition.
Authorities said the bike she was riding may have been one that was stolen from the university library. However, they don’t know if she was directly involved with the theft.
The woman’s identity has not been released.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7254)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 4854)
- One dead, one in critical condition after I-15 crash in Ogden (pageviews: 4398)
- Tooele man arrested, accused of biting off part of teen's ear (pageviews: 3016)
- One dead, one in critical condition after being hit while changing tires in Ogden (pageviews: 2865)