2 Injured After Plane Crashes During Takeoff At Vernal Airport
VERNAL, Utah – Two people were transported to a hospital after the plane they were flying crashed shortly after it took off, officials said.
According to the Uintah County Sheriff’s Office, an 18-year-old woman and a 27-year-old flight instructor were in a Cessna 162 Skycatcher when it stalled at approximately 100 feet after takeoff. The plane then crashed onto the shoulder of the runway and skidded to a stop in a grassy area.
Both occupants were transported to Ashley Regional Medical Center, according to the UCSO. One of the victims was then transported to Salt Lake City for further treatment, although it wasn’t immediately clear if it was the student or the instructor.
The names of the victims have not been released. The National Transportation Safety Board will be investigating the incident.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8591)
- Hiker with flip-flops grateful to be alive after fall at Bridal Veil Falls – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7853)
- Iconic Stranger Things house for sale – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4030)
- St. George grandma pregnant, carrying son’s baby after his wife’s hysterectomy (pageviews: 3671)
- St. George grandma pregnant, carrying son’s baby after his wife’s hysterectomy – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3209)
- ‘Totally devastated’: Trucks, trailers and ATVs stolen from Pleasant Grove neighborhood (pageviews: 2231)