Election Directors: It’s Too Late To Mail Your Primary Ballot
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – County election directors across Utah want voters to know that it’s too late to mail primary ballots for Tuesday’s municipal primary elections. However, voters can still head to the physical voting locations to cast their ballots.
The voter turnout being recorded so far is low along the Wasatch Front.
As of Monday, about 20% of ballots have been returned in Salt Lake County. The turnout numbers are similar in Davis County (21%), Weber County (19%), and Utah County (15%).
Wasatch Front voter turnout so far for tomorrow's primary #election:
Salt Lake County: 20%
Utah County: 15%
Davis County: 21%
Weber County: 19%
— Ladd Egan (@laddegan) August 12, 2019
To be valid, ballots must be postmarked the day before an election. Voters who were unable to get to the post office before Monday evening cannot return their ballots by mail.
In order to get their vote counted, would-be voters needed to deliver their ballots to a curbside drop box or to collection boxes inside vote centers.
Utah County Election Director Rozan Mitchell said anyone who was unable to drop ballots off before 8 p.m. will have to wait in line on Election Day and vote in person.
Not every city is participating in the municipal primary elections. Before heading to a voting location, visit vote.utah.gov to see if there are any races in your city that required a primary election. You can also track your mail-in ballot from the website.
To find your voting location click on the appropriate link below:
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 5101)
- Snow advisories could bring up to 14 inches of snow Friday night (pageviews: 4500)
- Utah man arrested, charged with possessing fentanyl with intent to distribute (pageviews: 2760)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 2490)
- Passenger dead after attempting to move crashed truck on SR-89 (pageviews: 2389)
- School bus hits and kills 15-year-old girl (pageviews: 2147)