Authorities ID Man They Say Stole Police Vehicle During Overnight Chase
DRAPER, Utah – A Draper Police Department vehicle has been recovered after it was stolen by a suspect during a chase.
The suspect has been identified as Kent Cody Barlow, 23.
According to the DPD, a Cottonwood Heights Police Department officer began pursuing Barlow around midnight Friday before ending the chase when it hit the city border near 11400 South and 1300 East. Draper Police began assisting in a search of the immediate area.
A Draper officer located Barlow, who was still on his motorcycle, soon afterward. The suspect then reportedly laid the cycle down before fleeing on foot. Barlow then doubled back on the officer, gained access to his patrol vehicle, and drove away, officials said.
A number of agencies pursued the stolen vehicle, and authorities were eventually able to stop it using spikes.
Officials discovered Barlow was a parole fugitive, and he was booked on multiple charges.
Police say the officer’s guns were inside the stolen car, but the suspect never accessed them.
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16465)
- 8-year-old girl dies after Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8845)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 8387)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8196)
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7811)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6345)