Sen. Mike Lee: Washington And Moscow Should Engage
MOSCOW (AP) — An American senator visiting Russia says he believes Moscow and Washington should maintain a dialogue regardless of who becomes U.S. president in the 2020 election.
Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, met Friday with Konstantin Kosachev, chairman of the foreign relations committee in the upper house of the Russian parliament.
The Utah senator told journalists after the meeting in Moscow that both countries are “at their best when they’re fully engaged with each other” over their mutual interests.
He added: “I believe President Trump is going to be elected and I think he should be, but, regardless, our interests will remain strong.”
- Kirstie Alley, Emmy-winning ‘Cheers’ star, dies at 71 (pageviews: 24529)
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 9347)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as 'the life of the party' (pageviews: 7132)
- ‘It’s kind of an eerie feeling;’ Utah man living in Hawaii witnesses Mauna Loa eruption - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4470)
- Utah family gets 'a measure of justice' in 50-year-old rape case (pageviews: 4133)
- Netflix's 'Falling for Christmas' filmed at these charming Utah locations (pageviews: 3798)