Teen In South Salt Lake Accidentally Shot In Face, Police Say
SOUTH SALT LAKE, Utah – A teenager is recovering after he was accidentally shot in the face, authorities said.
The incident happened just before 11:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Mountain Shadows Apartments, 3825 S. 700 West.
South Salt Lake Police Sgt. Josh Suazo said a friend of the 18-year-old victim was unloading a gun when it went off and shot him.
Officials said it does appear to be an accident. The friend who had been unloading the gun remained on scene and is cooperating with the investigation.
At this point, officers do not suspect intoxication is involved.
The teen is in stable condition at a hospital, Suazo said. He is conscious and alert.
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16465)
- 8-year-old girl dies after Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8845)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 8387)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8196)
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7811)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6345)