Body of Missing Utah Tech CEO Found in San Jose
SAN JOSE, Calif. – Friends and family of missing 33-year-old Erin Valenti, who ran the Utah tech company Tinker Ventures, said Saturday that her body had been found in San Jose.
The San Jose Police Department confirmed that they are investigating a death after a body was found inside a parked car on a street. The cause and manner of death has not yet been released.
Valenti was last seen Monday afternoon.
She was supposed to be driving from Palo Alto to San Jose in a rental car and catching a flight back to Salt Lake City to accept a tech award from the Women Tech Council Wednesday. She never made it on the plane.
Her friends and family from Utah flew to California to help in the search and to raise awareness about her disappearance. KSL heard from several friends who said that search is now over with the discovery of her body in a car near a library and community center in San Jose.
KSL also received a statement from Valenti’s family saying:
“Erin has been found. Please call off the search. We all greatly appreciate the effort and support people have provided. The family will release more information as they are able to.”
“Erin was a such a force for good,” Clint Betts, executive director of Silicon Slopes and the Utah Tech Council, said. “It’s hard to imagine the Silicon Slopes community without her in it. Our hearts go out to her husband and family during this unimaginable time. We are devastated.”
There are still a lot of unanswered questions in this case and we will continue working this story and bring you updates as we get them.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10480)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 4695)
- Suspect arrested in connection to ritualistic child sex abuse investigation (pageviews: 4341)
- Three-vehicle crash closes Mountain View Corridor, one passenger ejected (pageviews: 3208)
- Rolling Stone releases list of 100 greatest TV shows of all-time (pageviews: 3123)