Inmate Flees Drug Treatment Program In Salt Lake City
PROVO, Utah (AP) — Authorities say a Utah County Jail inmate enrolled in a residential drug treatment program has gone missing in Salt Lake City.
The Daily Herald in Provo reported Monday that 26-year-old Ryan Thomas Miller, of Orem, was last seen at the Odyssey House of Utah.
Authorities say the Utah County Jail inmate recently enrolled in the substance abuse treatment program.
He was able to remove a GPS ankle monitor.
Miller was only permitted to leave a jail in Spanish Fork to participate in the court-ordered program.
He has been in custody for charges of possession of a controlled substance as well as several counts of theft, attempted possession of credit card and forgery.
He now faces an additional charge of escape.
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 6644)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 6488)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 4817)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3927)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 3512)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 3261)