Ogden Woman Says Car Destroyed By Tiki Torch
OGDEN, Utah — A Utah woman’s car was destroyed after she said someone threw a tiki torch inside the vehicle, setting it on fire.
Lieutenant Tyler Ziegler with the Ogden Police Department confirmed the fire, which happened on Monday around 5 p.m. near 2500 Porter Avenue.
Ziegler also said while Ogden Fire Department officials arrived on scene first, the case will be handled by the police department’s investigations division.
The car’s owner, Bethani Chacon, said someone threw a tiki torch into the front seat of the vehicle before it caught fire.
Chacon’s relatives have set up a GoFundMe* account and Ziegler said the incident is currently under investigation.
- KSL Investigates: Was Turbulent Protest Caused By ‘Out Of State' Instigators? (pageviews: 14132)
- 41 Arrested, 21 Officers Hurt In Downtown SLC Protest (pageviews: 12537)
- Salt Lake Begins Process To Clean Up, Assess Damage From Protest (pageviews: 11883)
- May 2020 Downtown Protest - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9844)
- Clean-Up Crews Gather Downtown After Protests Turn Violent (pageviews: 9472)
- Salt Lake Issues Week-Long Curfew For Overnight Hours (pageviews: 8230)
- Man Detained After Brandishing Bow & Arrow; Car Lit On Fire By Protesters (pageviews: 7744)
- Curfew Enacted As Protests Continue In SLC; Multiple Cars Set On Fire (pageviews: 7581)
- Live (pageviews: 6862)