Ogden Woman Says Car Destroyed By Tiki Torch
OGDEN, Utah — A Utah woman’s car was destroyed after she said someone threw a tiki torch inside the vehicle, setting it on fire.
Lieutenant Tyler Ziegler with the Ogden Police Department confirmed the fire, which happened on Monday around 5 p.m. near 2500 Porter Avenue.
Ziegler also said while Ogden Fire Department officials arrived on scene first, the case will be handled by the police department’s investigations division.
The car’s owner, Bethani Chacon, said someone threw a tiki torch into the front seat of the vehicle before it caught fire.
Chacon’s relatives have set up a GoFundMe* account and Ziegler said the incident is currently under investigation.
- Kirstie Alley, Emmy-winning ‘Cheers’ star, dies at 71 (pageviews: 23761)
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 6035)
- Two dead after crashing into parked truck (pageviews: 5428)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as 'the life of the party' (pageviews: 5364)
- ‘It’s kind of an eerie feeling;’ Utah man living in Hawaii witnesses Mauna Loa eruption - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4461)
- Utah Tech student dead after accidentally falling from balcony (pageviews: 3951)