Brother Of Missing Idaho Kids Pleads With Mom To Cooperate With Police
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Investigators from Utah are now getting involved in the search for two missing kids from Idaho. Meanwhile, new family members are pleading for the children’s mother and stepfather to come forward with information.
A search warrant was executed by a large group of local and federal authorities at the family’s home in Salem, Idaho on Friday. The search team included FBI agents from Utah.
They’re looking for evidence in the disappearance of 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow and 17-year-old Tylee Ryan. The kids have been missing since September.
Police say their mother, Lori Daybell, and stepfather, Chad Daybell, are on the run and refusing to cooperate. Both have been named persons of interest in the case but have not been charged with any crime.
During Friday’s search, officials say 43 items were taken from the home. They included computers, cell phones, journals, documents and medications – anything that might lead them to JJ and Tylee.
The items will be further examined by forensics experts but results could take weeks.
But family members, like Lori’s own son, are now coming forward to plead for the children’s safe return before then.
Colby Ryan says he wants nothing more than to bring his brother and sister home and he believes the person who holds the key is his mother.
“You have the power to end this. You have an opportunity to put this all to rest,” said Ryan.
Ryan made those comments in a Facebook post on Sunday. It’s the first time he’s addressed Lori Daybell publicly since JJ and Tylee disappeared.
He hopes his mother will see the post and take some type of action.
“Even if you just show them on Facetime, just show them on Facetime to the police and it would be a lot better,” said Ryan. “I really, really want to see Tylee and JJ. I really want this to be over. We had a life. And it seems like that life never existed at this point.”
Another reason for the FBI raid was to find evidence that might explain what happened to Tammy Daybell. She was Chad’s wife before he married Lori. Tammy died in October and authorities are now looking at her death as potentially suspicious.
- School Officials Apologize For 'Abhorrent' Quote In Highland High Yearbook (pageviews: 22143)
- Eight Arrested After Rally In Cottonwood Heights Turns Violent (pageviews: 13986)
- Guidelines For Utah Schools Prompts Family To Rethink Sending Students Back (pageviews: 5963)
- Wilford Brimley, 'Cocoon' And 'Natural' Actor, Dies At 85 (pageviews: 4543)
- Delivered Package Ignites On Eagle Mountain Front Porch (pageviews: 4134)
- Jury Finds State Of Washington Negligent In Deaths Of Susan Powell's Children (pageviews: 3699)
- Suspect Killed; West Jordan Officer Shot In Shoulder (pageviews: 2979)
- Friends Of Teens Injured In Logan Canyon Crash Gather To Show Support (pageviews: 2841)
- Medical Helicopter Dispatched To Utah Lake After Report Of Person Being 'Entangled' In Propeller (pageviews: 2538)