Unified Police Help Rescue Pot-Bellied Pig In Magna
MAGNA, Utah – Officers with Unified Police Department helped rescue a pot-bellied pig that had gotten loose in Magna.
Police were originally called out to a traffic hazard on Wednesday near 8950 West and 2800 South when they realized the “hazard” was the pig, running around and causing a few headaches.
Officers from UPD’s Magna Precinct said they tried to bribe the pig with carrots and bread before he decided to run off.
They spent about 15 minutes trying to corner the pig and keep him safe before animal control crews arrived and helped capture the animal.
No injuries were reported and police hadn’t received any reports of a missing pot-bellied pig, so the crews with the Salt Lake County Animal Control took custody of the animal.
PIG RESCUE: Officers with Unified Police Department's Magna Precinct helped rescue a pot-bellied pig that had gotten loose near 9000 West and 2800 South.They tried to bribe the animal with carrots and bread before he ran off – but police were able to safely capture him with a little help from Salt Lake County Animal Control crews.More info here: https://ksltv.com/?p=428846(Video courtesy: UPD Magna Precinct)
Posted by KSL 5 TV on Thursday, January 9, 2020
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 36760)
- Body in Provo identified as jogger killed in hit-and-run (pageviews: 18142)
- High winds, heavy snow warning for 'hazardous conditions' Friday morning (pageviews: 7530)
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil (pageviews: 6148)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 5835)
- Lehi mom stranded in snowstorm grateful for help from unexpected stranger - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5830)
- Winter storm leads to messy morning commute; schools moving online, delaying starts - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5795)