Family Asks Community To Do An Act Of Kindness In Son’s Memory
EAGLE MOUNTAIN, Utah – A family mourning the loss of their 12-year-old son, Wyatt Page, asked people to do an act of kindness in his behalf. He died Tuesday after a battle with cancer.
Wyatt was diagnosed with inoperable brain cancer. A family friend posted on Facebook about Wyatt’s wish to see the new Star Wars before he passed. In November, his post went viral and he got a special, in-home screening of “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker” before it was released in theaters.
Despite his illness, Wyatt wanted to help other kids undergoing cancer treatments. Wyatt wanted to give kids comfort and a feeling of home while at the hospital. With his effort, and the help of his family, and fundraising from his local schools, he was able to provide around 100 comfort kits, and supplies for many more. His parents are hoping to start a foundation in Wyatt’s name.
Wyatt’s parents are hoping his desire to help others continues, and asked in a statement that people do an act of kindness.
“As a family we are heartbroken with Wyatt’s passing, but are excited that he is now out of pain and free from his cancer battle,” the statement read. “We are grateful to the outpouring of love, prayers, support and service on our family’s behalf at this time. We thank all organizations and individuals that have brought him so much joy especially these last 22 months. We invite you to do an act of kindness today on Wyatt’s behalf.”
The Utah Jazz posted their condolences to Wyatt’s family on Twitter. Before he passed away, the Make-A-Wish foundation helped him to meet Jazz players.
The franchise made him a “Jazzman Forever.”
- Plane Crash Survivors Share Their Miracle In The Sky (pageviews: 14688)
- More Than 97K Children Test Positive For COVID-19 In 2 Weeks (pageviews: 10664)
- Gephardt: 'Brushing' Scams Sweeping Utah (pageviews: 9376)
- Some Davis Co. Parents Scramble For School Options (pageviews: 2700)
- Simon Cowell Injures Back While Testing Electric Bicycle (pageviews: 2516)
- Pres. Trump Allows Some Unemployment Pay, Defers Payroll Tax (pageviews: 2487)
- Juvenile In Critical Condition After Shooting In Salt Lake City (pageviews: 2303)
- Structures Threatened; 3 Destroyed In 6400 Fire (pageviews: 2034)
- 6-Year-Old Boy Hit On Bicycle, Thrown 30 Feet In Kearns (pageviews: 1848)