Lawmakers To Weigh Tax Overhaul, Medical Marijuana And More
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Utah legislature begins its session on Monday, and lawmakers are expected to consider hundreds of bills over the 45-day period.
One that will come up quickly is a repeal of a contentious tax overhaul measure. Leaders have pledged overturn it within the first week amid a backlash.
Other topics expected to be discussed include medical marijuana. Patients with old convictions could get a path to expungement and lawmakers could change packaging requirements.
They will also likely consider proposals aimed at curtailing teens’ access to electronic cigarettes.
Another discussion about restricting transgender juveniles from surgery and hormones has already drawn criticism from LGBT advocates.
- Off-duty officer saves Draper mom from drowning (pageviews: 19689)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 7534)
- Three moose take a dip in a North Salt Lake pool (pageviews: 4062)
- Police: Man dead after riding lawn mower falls off terrace (pageviews: 3960)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3749)
- Bodies of 3 missing kids, woman found in Minnesota lake (pageviews: 3586)