Lawmakers To Weigh Tax Overhaul, Medical Marijuana And More
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Utah legislature begins its session on Monday, and lawmakers are expected to consider hundreds of bills over the 45-day period.
One that will come up quickly is a repeal of a contentious tax overhaul measure. Leaders have pledged overturn it within the first week amid a backlash.
Other topics expected to be discussed include medical marijuana. Patients with old convictions could get a path to expungement and lawmakers could change packaging requirements.
They will also likely consider proposals aimed at curtailing teens’ access to electronic cigarettes.
Another discussion about restricting transgender juveniles from surgery and hormones has already drawn criticism from LGBT advocates.
- Man Dies From Injuries Sustained In Tooele County Crash (pageviews: 6306)
- Wasatch Co. Family Remembers Mother Killed In Fiery Heber City Crash (pageviews: 5570)
- One Arrest Made In Austin, Texas, Mass Shooting That Injured 14 People (pageviews: 5069)
- Four People Were Rescued Off A Boat 'Teetering' At The Edge Of A Texas Dam, Police Say (pageviews: 4786)
- Prices are Surging. Here's What Is Getting More Expensive (pageviews: 4155)
- Utah Woman Dies After Rollover Crash In Idaho (pageviews: 3149)
- Taylorsville Teen Dismembered, Stabbed (pageviews: 2991)
- Officials Urge Utahns To Follow Extreme Drought Watering Guide (pageviews: 2617)
- Water Wasting Reports Flood Utah's 'Hall Of Fame Or Shame' Website (pageviews: 2390)