Police Tactical Unit Responds After Domestic Dispute; Suspect At Large
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah – A domestic dispute Monday morning that led to a police tactical unit response.
The situation began at approximately 3:45 a.m. in the area of 1400 West and 2400 South.
West Valley City police confirmed they responded to a domestic situation between a boyfriend and girlfriend. When police arrived on scene, an SUV outside of the home drove away and a short chase ensued. The pursuit ended back at the residence, and the suspect ran inside.
Police searching an SUV this morning following a short chase after a domestic dispute outside this home. Suspect still outstanding. Woman and children are safe. pic.twitter.com/b1xNFaGmpY
— Felicia Martinez (@FeliciaKSL) February 17, 2020
The tactical unit arrive at approximately 4:40 a.m. K9 units were also deployed.
Authorities entered the residence by force, according to KSL TV crew at the scene. A woman and an unconfirmed number of children could be seen leaving the home.
Officials said they are familiar with the suspect and have been called to the residence before.
The suspect is reportedly still at large.
This is a developing situation, and this article will be updated as information is made available.
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 14388)
- Teens build intricate 'Gingerbread Cathedral,' get out of writing essay (pageviews: 5568)
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday (pageviews: 5477)
- Locations of 6 international temples released (pageviews: 5250)
- SB I-15 closed in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 4962)
- Utah's Festival of Trees returns to an in-person event (pageviews: 3162)