One Dead After Crash On 10600 South I-15 Overpass
SANDY, Utah – One person has died after a crash on the Interstate 15 overpass at 10600 South, according to Sergeant Jason Nielsen with the Sandy City Police Department.
Officials first reported the crash around 7:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Nielsen said a Mitsubishi Mirage was traveling east on 10600 South when it turned left to enter northbound I-15. As the vehicle crossed westbound lanes, a Kia Sorento broadsided the Mirage.
Police said the passenger in the Mitsubishi, a 34-year-old man, was killed in the crash. No update was given on the 18-year-old male driver of the Mitsubishi.
The Kia was being driven by a 19-year-old male with two 15-year-old passengers. All three in that vehicle were transported to an area hospital with minor, non-life-threatening injuries.
Nielsen said westbound 10600 South will be closed for a few hours Tuesday night and the crash is under investigation.
- Earthquake Tracker - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 14689)
- Gephardt: Getting Your Coronavirus Stimulus Check & What It Means For Your Taxes (pageviews: 9166)
- Costco Is Going To Start Limiting How Many People Can Enter The Store (pageviews: 7995)
- What Are Those Explosions? Tooele Army Depot Is Detonating Munitions (pageviews: 7939)
- Davis County Stay-At-Home Order Now In Place (pageviews: 5581)
- Amazon Fires Warehouse Worker Who Led Staten Island Warehouse Walkout (pageviews: 5355)
- 7 Deaths Related To COVID-19; More Than 1,000 Confirmed Cases In Utah (pageviews: 5120)
- Gov. Herbert Extends Public Health Directive, Adjusts Dine-In Guidelines (pageviews: 4993)
- Spring Breakers Who Ignored Public Health Advice Test Positive For COVID-19 (pageviews: 4918)