One Dead After Crash On 10600 South I-15 Overpass
SANDY, Utah – One person has died after a crash on the Interstate 15 overpass at 10600 South, according to Sergeant Jason Nielsen with the Sandy City Police Department.
Officials first reported the crash around 7:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Nielsen said a Mitsubishi Mirage was traveling east on 10600 South when it turned left to enter northbound I-15. As the vehicle crossed westbound lanes, a Kia Sorento broadsided the Mirage.
Police said the passenger in the Mitsubishi, a 34-year-old man, was killed in the crash. No update was given on the 18-year-old male driver of the Mitsubishi.
The Kia was being driven by a 19-year-old male with two 15-year-old passengers. All three in that vehicle were transported to an area hospital with minor, non-life-threatening injuries.
Nielsen said westbound 10600 South will be closed for a few hours Tuesday night and the crash is under investigation.
- Anchorage Alaska Temple to be rebuilt, moved to a new location - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8444)
- Search warrant reveals neighbors discovered bodies of Haight family (pageviews: 7455)
- Body found inside limestone kiln in Salt Lake City foothills (pageviews: 6751)
- Slain Enoch girl texted friend that dad was acting strange and she was worried (pageviews: 5763)
- ‘Overwhelming’ response for radon testing after Lehi woman shares cancer diagnosis story - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5046)
- Snow College employee found dead in off-campus student housing unit (pageviews: 3984)