One Dead After Crash On 10600 South I-15 Overpass
SANDY, Utah – One person has died after a crash on the Interstate 15 overpass at 10600 South, according to Sergeant Jason Nielsen with the Sandy City Police Department.
Officials first reported the crash around 7:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Nielsen said a Mitsubishi Mirage was traveling east on 10600 South when it turned left to enter northbound I-15. As the vehicle crossed westbound lanes, a Kia Sorento broadsided the Mirage.
Police said the passenger in the Mitsubishi, a 34-year-old man, was killed in the crash. No update was given on the 18-year-old male driver of the Mitsubishi.
The Kia was being driven by a 19-year-old male with two 15-year-old passengers. All three in that vehicle were transported to an area hospital with minor, non-life-threatening injuries.
Nielsen said westbound 10600 South will be closed for a few hours Tuesday night and the crash is under investigation.
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch (pageviews: 12560)
- Live (pageviews: 6781)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6738)
- Flood watch over popular Utah recreation areas Sunday (pageviews: 4740)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 3594)
- At least 2 injured after semi hauling beehives tips on I-80 (pageviews: 3326)