Some Utah School Districts Close Buildings After Earthquake
OGDEN, Utah – Some schools in Northern Utah are asking students not to come to pick up lunches or computers after an earthquake Wednesday morning. The schools are providing grab-and-go lunches and Chromebooks for students who are not attending school during the state mandated soft closure because of coronavirus.
Ogden School District tweeted that parents should delay coming to school buildings until damage could be assessed.
Families – Please delay coming to schools until further notice. We are in the process of assessing buildings for safety.
All buildings standing. No injuries reported at this time.
— OgdenSchoolDistrict (@ogdensd) March 18, 2020
Salt Lake City School District said all building would remain closed Wednesday.
In light of this morning's earthquake, all district buildings will remain closed today. Please continue to check our website for updates. We will have an update on our website at 3pm today. https://t.co/5LVObrNl8C #utpol #uted
— SLC School District (@slcschools) March 18, 2020
Granite School District closed Wednesday as well, and said lunch and Chromebook distribution would continue Thursday.
PATRON ALERT: All school and district operations will cease for today, March 18, in accordance with direction from state emergency management officials. School breakfast and lunch should continue tomorrow as should Chromebook distribution. https://t.co/1tvhTDqNYF
— Granite School Dist. (@GraniteSchools) March 18, 2020
- Utah's Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? (pageviews: 13464)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility (pageviews: 10146)
- Utah’s Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10091)
- Utah truck driver arrested in California cold case from 1994 (pageviews: 6951)
- Utah correctional officer assaulted by inmate at state prison (pageviews: 5445)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5414)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah (pageviews: 4793)