McCarran Airport Tower Closed After COVID-19 Case Confirmed
LAS VEGAS, Nev. – The Federal Aviation Administration has confirmed an air traffic controller at McCarren International Airport has tested positive for COVID-19, which led to the temporary closure of the air traffic control tower.
The airport remained open, and flights were still able to operate but at a slower rate. About 40 flights were diverted Wednesday night.
The Las Vegas Terminal Radar Approach Center took over operations until officials can assure the air traffic control tower is clean and safe to use again.
- Church opening six new missions in 2023 (pageviews: 12259)
- Here is a list of stores open on Thanksgiving day for that last-minute ingredient - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7066)
- Utah deputies identify suspect in 1972 murder, rape case; still looking for second suspect (pageviews: 6499)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 5989)
- Utahn charged with assault after allegedly holding blade to woman's throat on flight (pageviews: 5264)
- Utah man buys humidifier found with five packages of cocaine in it (pageviews: 5001)
- Two injured in I-80 crash; several crashes reported as Thanksgiving travel picks up (pageviews: 4528)