One Killed, Two Injured In Head-On Crash Near Fillmore
FILLMORE, Utah – One person was killed and two others were seriously injured in a head-on crash on state Route 100 west of Fillmore, according to officials with the Utah Highway Patrol.
Troopers said a landowner was burning stubble from a field next to the highway around noon on Monday.
Flames and smoke from the fire were blowing across SR-100, greatly reduced visibility in the area.
A 2003 Buick Century and 2008 Ford pickup truck entered the area of low visibility at the same time. While driving through the smoke, troopers said the Buick crossed the center line and struck the Ford head-on.
The driver of the Buick was killed in the crash and the Ford’s driver was seriously injured and flown to an area trauma center.
A passenger in the Buick was critically injured and airlifted to a hospital along the Wasatch Front.
Troopers said the roadway was closed for four hours during the investigation.
- Dental records prove remains found in Florida are those of Brian Laundrie, boyfriend to Gabby Petito (pageviews: 13583)
- Parents of 6-year-old girl killed on Colorado amusement park ride file wrongful death suit (pageviews: 6751)
- Warrant: Baldwin didn't know weapon contained live round (pageviews: 6531)
- Strong probability that suspected remains found in Florida park are Brian Laundrie's, family attorney says (pageviews: 5863)
- Recall: Red, white and yellow whole onions identified as source of salmonella outbreak (pageviews: 4632)
- Sheriff: Baldwin fired prop gun that killed cinematographer (pageviews: 4318)
- SLC IT employee arrested after allegedly providing undercover police data to human trafficker (pageviews: 3714)
- Sheriff: Baldwin fired shot on movie set that killed woman (pageviews: 3468)
- Utah teen girl arrested for planning mass casualty event at school (pageviews: 3382)