One Killed, Two Injured In Head-On Crash Near Fillmore
FILLMORE, Utah – One person was killed and two others were seriously injured in a head-on crash on state Route 100 west of Fillmore, according to officials with the Utah Highway Patrol.
Troopers said a landowner was burning stubble from a field next to the highway around noon on Monday.
Flames and smoke from the fire were blowing across SR-100, greatly reduced visibility in the area.
A 2003 Buick Century and 2008 Ford pickup truck entered the area of low visibility at the same time. While driving through the smoke, troopers said the Buick crossed the center line and struck the Ford head-on.
The driver of the Buick was killed in the crash and the Ford’s driver was seriously injured and flown to an area trauma center.
A passenger in the Buick was critically injured and airlifted to a hospital along the Wasatch Front.
Troopers said the roadway was closed for four hours during the investigation.
KSL 5 TV Live
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces temple groundbreakings (pageviews: 76405)
- How to see the Northern Lights, sighted recently in Utah skies (pageviews: 22066)
- More snow piles up Sunday and it's not over yet (pageviews: 15455)
- DNA analysis of Beethoven's hair reveals health issues, family secret (pageviews: 12156)
- Two dead, one critically injured after crash in Magna (pageviews: 12014)
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts (pageviews: 10654)
- 3 killed in multi-vehicle crash; NB I-15 closed for several hours in Box Elder County (pageviews: 8197)