One Killed, Two Injured In Head-On Crash Near Fillmore
FILLMORE, Utah – One person was killed and two others were seriously injured in a head-on crash on state Route 100 west of Fillmore, according to officials with the Utah Highway Patrol.
Troopers said a landowner was burning stubble from a field next to the highway around noon on Monday.
Flames and smoke from the fire were blowing across SR-100, greatly reduced visibility in the area.
A 2003 Buick Century and 2008 Ford pickup truck entered the area of low visibility at the same time. While driving through the smoke, troopers said the Buick crossed the center line and struck the Ford head-on.
The driver of the Buick was killed in the crash and the Ford’s driver was seriously injured and flown to an area trauma center.
A passenger in the Buick was critically injured and airlifted to a hospital along the Wasatch Front.
Troopers said the roadway was closed for four hours during the investigation.
- Antibody Testing Shows Many Utahns Had COVID-19 But Did Not Know It (pageviews: 20182)
- Three People Seriously Injured After Falling At Stewart Falls (pageviews: 9674)
- Three-Year-Old Child Drowns In Residential Pool In St. George (pageviews: 9639)
- Cache County Woman Dies Of COVID-19; State Total At 98 (pageviews: 7686)
- Woman Killed After Meeting Suspect On Tinder In Layton (pageviews: 7627)
- White Woman Apologizes After Calling Police On Black Man Saying He Was Threatening Her Life (pageviews: 5371)
- Four Minneapolis Officers Fired After Death Of Black Man (pageviews: 5158)
- Thousands Of Boats Inspected For Invasive Mussels Over Holiday Weekend (pageviews: 5055)
- Lawmakers Want VA To Remove Swastika From Gravestone At Utah Cemetery (pageviews: 4454)
- Woman Talks About Close Encounter With Tinder Murder Suspect (pageviews: 4235)