Springville City Issues Boil Order After Water Tank Vandalized
SPRINGVILLE, Utah – Officials with Springville City have issued a water boil advisory after a city water tank was found vandalized.
Crews said they found golf balls inside the vandalized tank Friday morning.
“As a result, (Springville) City is taking this incident seriously and issuing a boil advisory,” officials said in a statement. “All water is disinfected with chlorine as it enters the tank, so the degree of contamination appears to be minimal.”
Residents were advised to use bottled water if possible and bring city-provided drinking water to a boil for one minute before using for cooking, drinking or cleaning food-contact equipment.
Officials said water sample test results should be available on Saturday. They will determine whether the advisory can be lifted or additional precautions should be taken.
Anyone with questions was asked to contact the city at 801-489-2700. Anyone with information on the act of vandalism should contact the Springville Police Department at 801-489-9421.
- Antibody Testing Shows Many Utahns Had COVID-19 But Did Not Know It (pageviews: 20182)
- Three People Seriously Injured After Falling At Stewart Falls (pageviews: 9674)
- Three-Year-Old Child Drowns In Residential Pool In St. George (pageviews: 9639)
- Cache County Woman Dies Of COVID-19; State Total At 98 (pageviews: 7686)
- Woman Killed After Meeting Suspect On Tinder In Layton (pageviews: 7627)
- White Woman Apologizes After Calling Police On Black Man Saying He Was Threatening Her Life (pageviews: 5371)
- Four Minneapolis Officers Fired After Death Of Black Man (pageviews: 5158)
- Thousands Of Boats Inspected For Invasive Mussels Over Holiday Weekend (pageviews: 5055)
- Lawmakers Want VA To Remove Swastika From Gravestone At Utah Cemetery (pageviews: 4454)
- Woman Talks About Close Encounter With Tinder Murder Suspect (pageviews: 4235)