Springville City Issues Boil Order After Water Tank Vandalized
SPRINGVILLE, Utah – Officials with Springville City have issued a water boil advisory after a city water tank was found vandalized.
Crews said they found golf balls inside the vandalized tank Friday morning.
“As a result, (Springville) City is taking this incident seriously and issuing a boil advisory,” officials said in a statement. “All water is disinfected with chlorine as it enters the tank, so the degree of contamination appears to be minimal.”
Residents were advised to use bottled water if possible and bring city-provided drinking water to a boil for one minute before using for cooking, drinking or cleaning food-contact equipment.
Officials said water sample test results should be available on Saturday. They will determine whether the advisory can be lifted or additional precautions should be taken.
Anyone with questions was asked to contact the city at 801-489-2700. Anyone with information on the act of vandalism should contact the Springville Police Department at 801-489-9421.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to ‘tithing settlement’ – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 32002)
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says (pageviews: 31732)
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 12209)
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure (pageviews: 8933)
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5581)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to 'tithing settlement' (pageviews: 5186)