Man Dies After Falling 15 Feet In Big Cottonwood Canyon
SALT LAKE CITY — A mountain climber who fell about 15 feet in Big Cottonwood Canyon on Wednesday has died of his injuries, Unified Police said.
The 29-year-old man suffered from possible broken ribs and other trauma-related injuries, UPD Sgt. Melody Gray said.
The call came in about 3:15 p.m., Gray said.
Search and rescue responded and used a helicopter to hoist him off the mountain. By that point the man had already died, Gray said.
The incident occurred above the Storm Mountain area in the canyon.
The man, who was from Utah, had been climbing with a friend, Gray said.
His name was not released.
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7943)
- Attempted kidnapping near Utah junior high has school, police warning parents (pageviews: 6897)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5569)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting (pageviews: 4499)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3945)
- Police: Suspect shot, hospitalized after exchanging gunfire with Orem officers (pageviews: 3255)