Police Investigating Suspicious Death After Body Found In Box Elder County
PROMONTORY, Utah – Police are investigating a suspicious death after the body of a Weber County man was found, according to officials with the Box Elder County Sheriff’s Office.
Police said a couple located the body while driving in the Salt Wells area in rural Box Elder County on Friday. The area is west of Promontory and about 25 miles south of the Utah-Idaho state line.
Deputies said the body had been at that location for several days.
Officials transported the body to the Utah State Medical Examiner’s Office in Salt Lake City and an autopsy was performed on Saturday.
The victim was identified by authorities as 36-year-old Joshua George Haven.
“This is an ongoing investigation and leads are being followed,” officials said in a release. “Death is obviously being treated as suspicious and no conclusions have been reached at this time as to cause or manner of death.”
The Salt Wells area is west of Promontory.
- Police: Man steals excavator, tears up ground outside grocery store (pageviews: 10928)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake ‘made in the USA’ tags – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10276)
- Flash flood advisory for Salt Lake, Davis County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8607)
- USANA Amphitheatre briefly evacuated due to weather – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6176)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake 'made in the USA' tags (pageviews: 5885)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 5171)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5037)