Walmart Is Giving Its Employees Another Bonus For Working During The Pandemic
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Walmart is giving its employees another round of bonus for working through the pandemic, the company said in a statement.
It’s the second time the retailer has doled out extra cash for its frontline workers.
On Wednesday, full-time hourly associates received an additional $300 and part-time and temporary associates received an extra $150. A total of $390 million in bonuses was paid, according to Walmart.
Walmart Private Fleet truck drivers received a $300 cash bonus.
“Walmart and Sam’s Club associates continue to do remarkable work, and it’s important we reward and appreciate them,” said John Furner, president and CEO of Walmart U.S. “All across the country, they’re providing Americans with the food, medicine and supplies they need, while going above and beyond the normal scope of their jobs – diligently sanitizing their facilities, making customers and members feel safe and welcome, and handling difficult situations with professionalism and grace.”
According to a statement from the company, Walmart has committed to more than $935 million in bonuses for associates so far in 2020.
Walmart also paid out $350 million in bonuses to workers on April 2.
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 36760)
- Body in Provo identified as jogger killed in hit-and-run (pageviews: 18142)
- High winds, heavy snow warning for 'hazardous conditions' Friday morning (pageviews: 7530)
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil (pageviews: 6148)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 5835)
- Lehi mom stranded in snowstorm grateful for help from unexpected stranger - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5830)
- Winter storm leads to messy morning commute; schools moving online, delaying starts - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5795)