Burgess Owens Declared Winner Of 4th District
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Associated Press declared former NFL player and Fox News commentator Burgess Owens winner of the 4th Congressional District Republican primary.
The pandemic has changed how ballots are counted so it’s not clear how many ballots need to be counted before results are final.
Updated results from Wednesday have Owens maintaining a large lead with 43% of the vote. Kim Coleman trails with 23%, Jay McFarland with 21% and Trent Christensen at 10%.
Owens told KSL his phone has been buzzing all day, including a call from President Donald Trump, who congratulated him and told Owens he’s all in.
Owens said his campaign is loaded with energy and ready to take on Representative Ben McAdams in November. “I think it’s been much harder for Ben. He’s a good guy, from what we understand but he’s representing a party that is not a very good party for any of us. It’s a party that destroyed the black community. It’s a party that you actually see in the streets today destroying monuments, history, our culture. It’s just a very dark place when you start to understand what Marxism and socialism is all about.”
Representative McAdams, a Democrat, said, “This district belongs to Utah and doesn’t belong to a political parties. So I’m really grateful for Utahns who put their faith in me every day because of the independent voice that I bring to Washington. I want to congratulate and welcome Burgess into the race. I look forward to a spirited debate on many of his ideas, which I oppose such as his cause to privatize social security, to disband the Department of Education, and to end healthcare protections for hundreds of thousands of Utah’s with pre-existing conditions.”
- Wednesday's Child: Austin Finds His Forever Home After 5,449 Days In Foster Care (pageviews: 12390)
- Street Painter Sprays Several Neighborhood Cars In West Jordan (pageviews: 9711)
- Arizona Police Say They Plan To File Charges Against Lori Vallow (pageviews: 5916)
- Parents Rally For 5-Day, In-Person Learning At Davis School District (pageviews: 4623)
- State Revises Back-To-School COVID-19 Plan, Removes 'Modified Quarantine' (pageviews: 3800)
- Ammonium Nitrate May Have Sparked Beirut Explosion. It Also Happened In Texas In 1947 (pageviews: 3395)
- Salt Lake Community College Taylorsville Campus Shelter-In-Place Lifted (pageviews: 3188)
- State Revises Back-To-School COVID-19 Plan (pageviews: 3184)
- ‘Mistakes Were Made,’ But Cox Stands By Utah’s COVID-19 Response (pageviews: 2228)