Fire Authorities Issue Stern Warning After Air Conditioning Explosion in West Jordan
WEST JORDAN, Utah – Fire officials issued a stern warning after an explosion overnight at a West Jordan house.
Authorities received the call of a home explosion at approximately 10:40 p.m. Tuesday in the area of 3900 West and Westland Drive.
According to the West Jordan Fire Department, when crews arrived they discovered a window had been blown out of the front of the home. It appears the homeowner was using some sort of cleaner on the home’s air conditioning coils when the explosion happened.
“It was obviously explosive in nature – flammable,” said WJFD Battalion Chief Bryan Crump.
Five people were in the home at the time of the incident, he said. The homeowner suffered some superficial burns, but otherwise there were no other injuries.
“There’s professional cleaning companies, and there’s professionals who do this stuff,” Crump said. “I know that sometimes that’s a little bit of extra money, but they do it safely.”
“Any time that you’re working in your home, any time that you’re doing any cleaning, make sure that what you’re using is not flammable or has an explosive nature to it,” he added. “Just be safe.”
- Kirstie Alley, Emmy-winning ‘Cheers’ star, dies at 71 (pageviews: 23761)
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 6035)
- Two dead after crashing into parked truck (pageviews: 5428)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as 'the life of the party' (pageviews: 5364)
- ‘It’s kind of an eerie feeling;’ Utah man living in Hawaii witnesses Mauna Loa eruption - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4461)
- Utah Tech student dead after accidentally falling from balcony (pageviews: 3951)