Authorities Investigating After SUV Fire In West Valley City
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah – Authorities are investigating a Tuesday morning car fire as possible arson.
The vehicle fire happened in the area of 3920 West and 4320 South at approximately 5 a.m.
The incident happened in front of a home that didn’t belong to the vehicle’s owner. Police said witnesses reported seeing children run away from the scene.
The SUV was initially thought to be stolen, but officials were able to track down the owner. The SUV had reportedly been lent to the owner’s friend a couple of months ago.
“Any time we have a car that just shows up in somebody’s yard or residential area that is on fire, it can be considered suspicious,” said Bridger Williams, battalion chief for West Valley Fire Department. “Right now, we’re still under investigation – still trying to determine exact cause.”
KSL 5 TV Live
- I-80 to close over weekend for elk relocation (pageviews: 93090)
- Why Zion's popular Narrows hike could be closed for months (pageviews: 18277)
- 'It just keeps coming': Warnings issued in Utah with wintry week ahead (pageviews: 16676)
- 2 accused of fraud across multiple states with help from Utah store employee (pageviews: 11859)
- Trial for Gwyneth Paltrow over ski collision begins on Tuesday (pageviews: 10416)
- One flown, two others transported to hospital after head-on collision (pageviews: 10018)
- 2 hikers found dead in Kane County slot canyon identified (pageviews: 6721)