Police Identify Suspect Killed In Officer-Involved Shooting
KEARNS, Utah – Authorities confirmed an officer-involved critical incident in a Kearns neighborhood Aug. 4 that left the suspect dead.
Police on Aug. 7 identified the suspect as Andrew S. Gwynn, 30, of Kearns.
The incident happened at approximately 5:10 a.m. in the area of 5400 South and 5400 West.
Unified Police Det. Kevin Mallory said an officer made contact with Gwynn, who was on the street. He then fled on foot when the officer returned to his vehicle to check his identification.
“The officer pursued him on foot,” Mallory said “During that time, the suspect retrieved a handgun and pointed it at the officer, at which point the officer engaged the suspect.”
The officer was not injured, Mallory said.
Police said the Salt Lake County Officer Involved Critical Incident team is investigating.
BREAKING: Closer look from @SeanMoodyKSL at the officer-involved shooting investigation happening right now in Kearns. We’ll go live to @FeliciaKSL in just a few min on KSL Today. @KSL5TV pic.twitter.com/JDWD8vKt6E
— Shara Park (@KSLSharaPark) August 4, 2020
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5415)
- Locations of 6 international temples released (pageviews: 4509)
- Teens build intricate 'Gingerbread Cathedral,' get out of writing essay (pageviews: 3865)
- Police confirm no shooting has occurred at Granger Elementary School; school evacuated (pageviews: 2338)
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 2300)
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday (pageviews: 2293)