NB I-15 Closed In Arizona Due To Yellow Knoll Fire
LITTLEFIELD, Ariz. – Northbound Interstate 15 has been closed near the Virgin River Gorge due to a fire, according to officials with the Bureau of Land Management.
Officials said the Yellow Knoll Fire has burned around seven acres and was zero percent contained Saturday morning.
The fire started as a vehicle fire near milepost 22. All northbound traffic is being diverted to Old Highway 91 (Mohave County Road 91).
BLM officials expected the closure to last four to six hours, while Arizona Department of Transportation officials did not give an estimated time for reopening northbound lanes.
Both directions of I-15 were initially closed but southbound lanes reopened early Saturday morning.
UPDATE: Interstate 15 south has reopened in northeastern Arizona. Northbound remains closed UPDATE: Both directions of…
- 4 Missionaries Stranded On Remote Pacific Island (pageviews: 11050)
- Corner Canyon Teacher In ICU With COVID-19 (pageviews: 9619)
- Corner Canyon Teacher In ICU With COVID-19; 500 Students Quarantined (pageviews: 8891)
- Utah Breaks Single-Day Record With 1,117 New COVID-19 Cases (pageviews: 7275)
- Police: Suspect Killed After Shooting At Officers During Pursuit (pageviews: 3169)
- Utah Breaks Previous Record With 911 New COVID-19 Cases In One Day (pageviews: 2342)
- Friends Remember Woman Found Dead In Layton (pageviews: 2241)
- Family Of Ogden Hiker Missing Since Sept. 8 Asking For Public's Help (pageviews: 2005)
- Meet Our Team (pageviews: 1819)