Man Arrested For Allegedly Throwing 3-Year-Old Girl, Uncle Into Pond
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – A Salt Lake City man was arrested after he allegedly threw a 3-year old girl and her uncle into the pond at Liberty Park Friday night.
Court documents said 32-year-old Jeremy John Olivia, of Salt Lake City, threw a punch at the uncle, missed him and threw him into the pond around 11 p.m.
Olivia then “picked up the victim’s 3-year-old niece and threw into the pond, where she went completely underwater,” police said in a probable cause statement.
The document did not say why Olivia tried to hit the uncle, and there was no indication that there were any serious injuries.
Olivia ran westbound from Liberty Park. The arresting officer’s partner caught up with Olvia at 1300 South and 200 East but kept running as the officer yelled for him to stop.
Olivia was captured at 1300 South and West Temple.
Olivia was booked into jail on charges of child abuse, intentionally inflicting serious injury and failure to stop at the command of a law enforcement officer.
- 4-Year-Old Boy Left On School Bus For Two Hours (pageviews: 5219)
- South Salt Lake Police Identify 23-Year-Old Murder Victim (pageviews: 4293)
- Ten Puppies, Two Dogs Stolen From South Jordan Home (pageviews: 2642)
- Wednesday's Child: Stoneay Hopes To Find Her Forever Family (pageviews: 1968)
- Debate Commission Says It Will Make Changes To Format (pageviews: 1952)
- Herriman, Riverton Residents Help Give Back To Artist Alex Boyé (pageviews: 1731)
- Grieving Family Desperate To Find Dead Brother’s Storage Unit (pageviews: 1676)
- Putting An End To A COVID Mask Frustration: Foggy Glasses (pageviews: 1373)
- Neighbors Concerned About U Of U Parties As University Goes Online (pageviews: 1320)