Man Shot By Police In Holladay Dies From Injuries
HOLLADAY, Utah – An armed man shot by police on Aug. 8 in Holladay has died from his injuries, according to the Unified Police Department.
Police said the man was suicidal.
A news released identified the victim as 39-year-old Matthew Hilbelink.
Police were called to the scene Aug. 8 at noon near 3210 East and 6200 South in Holladay. Officers said Hilbelink was armed with a handgun.
Police said they negotiated with Hilbelink for 30 minutes before shots were fired. Police have not released any other details on the incident.
The Officer Involved Critical Incident Team is still investigating.
The incident was one of four officer- involved shootings last week and 19 this year.
- 19-year-old dies at hospital following crash in Uintah County (pageviews: 12077)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah (pageviews: 8131)
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 6707)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5572)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 4895)
- 'Laverne & Shirley' actor Cindy Williams dies at 75 (pageviews: 3897)