Vivint Arena, 3 Megaplex Theaters To Be Used As Polling Stations
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Vivint Arena and three Larry H. Miller Megaplex locations will be used as polling sites for the general election in November.
“Our sports and entertainment venues are familiar community gathering places, and we are pleased to join with the Salt Lake County Election Division to provide four facilities as safe, convenient and accessible voting locations on Election Day,” said Gail Miller, owner and chairman of the Larry H. Miller Group of Companies and the Utah Jazz.
The newly-renamed Vivint Arena is home to the Utah Jazz.
Vivint Arena, home of the Utah Jazz, and three Larry H. Miller Megaplex Theatres will serve as polling stations for the General Election on Nov. 3 as an alternative to people unable to vote by mail.
— utahjazz (@utahjazz) August 28, 2020
“Exercising our right to vote allows us to share our voice and to act to preserve our rights and freedoms,” Miller said in the release. “We hope the use of our facilities provides voters with greater poll access and that the voter experience meets the highest standards of safety, security and election integrity.”
The polling locations will be at Vivint Arena in downtown Salt Lake City, Megaplex Luxury Theatres at Cottonwood in Holladay, Megaplex Theatres at The District in South Jordan, and Megaplex Theatres at Jordan Commons in Sandy.
Expect to follow COVID-19 guidelines at the locations.
Utahns must register to vote by Oct. 23, and information on voter status is available here. Voters can choose to vote by mail or in-person during early voting periods or on election day — Nov. 3.
Company officials also said employees scheduled to work on Nov. 3 will be given paid time-off to vote in-person.
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 11575)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9563)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting (pageviews: 5197)
- Attempted kidnapping near Utah junior high has school, police warning parents (pageviews: 3641)
- Live (pageviews: 2740)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County (pageviews: 2074)