Police Investigating After Man Dies In Layton Shooting
LAYTON, Utah — Police are investigating after a man was found in the street with multiple gunshot wounds in Layton.
Sgt. Eric Smith with the Layton Police Department said officers responded to the area of Golden Avenue and Church Street just after 8 p.m and found an adult male with multiple gunshot wounds outside in the street.
The victim was transported to the hospital where he later died from his injuries.
The man’s identity has not been released.
Smith said there were indications that it was a drive-by shooting.
Neighbors and a few witnesses are actively involved in the investigation and are cooperating with police, according to Smith.
Police do not believe there is a threat to the public.
Anyone with information about the shooting has been asked to contact police.
- Pizza Delivery Driver Gets Surprise Tip, Becomes 'TikTok Famous' (pageviews: 9472)
- Young Mother Killed In Head-On Crash In Kane County (pageviews: 5256)
- Authorities Investigating After Woman Struck By Multiple Vehicles On I-215 (pageviews: 4266)
- Cache Valley Teen Lucky To Find Cell Signal After Rattlesnake Bite (pageviews: 4235)
- New COVID-19 Record With 1,411 New Cases; 4 New Deaths, 184 Hospitalizations (pageviews: 3915)
- Palacios Carbajal Family Files Lawsuit Against SLCPD In Fatal Shooting (pageviews: 1037)
- Deadly Officer-Involved Shooting In Roy Ruled Justified (pageviews: 985)
- Missing West Valley City Boy Found Safe (pageviews: 879)
- Meet Our Team (pageviews: 697)