Members Of Utah Delegation Attend White House Agreement Signing Event
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Three members of the Utah Congressional delegation attended the signing of diplomatic pacts between Israel and the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain at the White House on Tuesday.
The agreement formalizes improving relations between Israel and the two Gulf Arab states.
President Donald Trump called the agreement the “dawn of a new Middle East”.
Senator Mike Lee, Representatives Chris Stewart and John Curtis, all Republicans, attended the ceremony.
Senator Mike Lee has been one of the president’s most ardent supporters.
Lee’s statement said, “Honored to be at the White House today to witness the historic peace agreement between Israel, UAE, and Bahrain. This is a huge accomplishment for @realDonaldTrump.”
— Mike Lee (@SenMikeLee) September 15, 2020
Senator Mitt Romney has been a vocal critic of the President but on this day he was complimentary of the agreement.
He did not attend Tuesday’s ceremony.
He released a statement that said, “I applaud the President and the administration’s hard-won efforts in facilitating these historic peace agreements with both the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain which advance the cause of peace and prosperity in the region.”
Representative Stewart said, “It was an honor to attend this historic event. Today is a significant day for peace and security in the Middle East. I applaud the President for his leadership and for making this peace agreement a reality.”
It’s an honor to be in attendance at this historic event with President @realDonaldTrump and our friends in Israel, UAE, and Bahrain. This is a significant day for peace & security in the Middle East. pic.twitter.com/uuGdJwoSCr
— Rep. Chris Stewart (@RepChrisStewart) September 15, 2020
Representative Curtis added, “I again commend these three countries on this historic achievement.”
Today I was able to witness the historic signing of the #AbrahamAccords, establishing diplomatic recognition between Israel and its Gulf neighbors, Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates. I again commend these three countries on this historic achievement. #utpol pic.twitter.com/WDHZegnLHq
— Rep. John Curtis (@RepJohnCurtis) September 15, 2020
Democratic congressional member Ben McAdams said he applauds the agreement.
“I am hopeful and applaud the agreement between Israel and the UAE, and Bahrain. Israel is one of our strongest allies and this is an important step for normalizing Israel’s relationships in the region. The United States should continue to play a leadership role in pushing for stability, and a just and lasting peace in the region,” said McAdams.
- Live (pageviews: 9847)
- Missionaries From Utah, Montana Killed In New Mexico Car Crash (pageviews: 8506)
- Family Rescued From Capsized Boat During Storm On Bear Lake (pageviews: 6429)
- Utah Woman Shares Experience As 'Breakthrough' COVID-19 Case After Getting J&J Vaccine (pageviews: 5395)
- Utah Woman Shares Experience As ‘Breakthrough’ COVID-19 Case After Getting J&J Vaccine – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2133)
- Salt Lake Co. DA Rules Officer Justified In Fatal Shooting Of Handcuffed Man In West Valley (pageviews: 2063)
- Cancer Misinformation On The Rise On Social Media, Huntsman Cancer Institute Study Says (pageviews: 1955)
- Family Calls District Attorney's Ruling 'Systemic Failure' (pageviews: 1863)
- Days Of ’47 Parade: Road Closures, Times & How To Watch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 1525)