Motorcyclist Dead After Crashing Into Parked Car In Taylorsville, Police Say
TAYLORSVILLE, Utah – A motorcyclist is dead after crashing into a parked car, authorities said.
Authorities identified the man as Terry Chavez, 56, of Taylorsville.
The incident happened shortly before 2 a.m. in the area of 3200 West and 5500 South.
Unified police said they were originally called to the scene of a reported hit and run. However, after they arrived they found the cyclist had veered off course while riding and hit the unoccupied vehicle.
Police said the man was not wearing a helmet and he died at the scene.
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 8768)
- Get Gephardt: Husband sued for deceased wife’s unpaid medical bill - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6320)
- Judge calls Orem mayor 'lynchpin' in fraud case, orders him and son to pay $1M (pageviews: 5012)
- NB I-15 reopens following crash, massive oil spill in Draper - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4958)
- NB I-15 closed in Draper following multi-car crash, oil spill (pageviews: 4861)
- Man arrested for breaking into Provo temple, claiming he was just cold, police say (pageviews: 4639)