Authorities Investigating After Woman Struck By Multiple Vehicles On I-215
TAYLORSVILLE, Utah – Authorities are investigating after multiple vehicles hit the body of a woman on I-215 early Friday morning.
The victim was not in a vehicle.
The incident happened on I-215 West Northbound in the area of 3800 South. Lanes were closed at 4700 South through the morning as a major crash investigation team worked. It is being treating as a crime scene.
It’s unclear at this time who the woman is or why she was on the freeway.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, multiple people called to report a pedestrian on the freeway had been struck by multiple vehicles. Authorities are working to determine how many times she was hit.
All the drivers involved either stopped or came back to the scene, officials said, and they are all cooperating with the investigation.
Authorities said they’re expecting to have the scene cleared and the road open by 6 a.m.
- Parent Calls SLC School Board Emails 'Unprofessional' & 'Unethical' (pageviews: 23950)
- Man Arrested For DUI After Fatal Spanish Fork Crash (pageviews: 14502)
- Intermountain COVID-19 PSA: 'There's A War Going On' (pageviews: 5175)
- University Of Utah Doctors, Nurses Plead For Help As ICU Hits 99% Capacity (pageviews: 4175)
- Amazon Driver Accused Of Throwing, Damaging Layton Man's Flags (pageviews: 4055)
- Man Set Woman On Fire In Murray, Police Say; Suspect At Large (pageviews: 3448)
- Leaders Plead With Utahns To Do Their Part As State Reports 1,543 New COVID Cases (pageviews: 3333)
- Man Set Woman On Fire In Murray, Police Say; Suspect Arrested (pageviews: 2432)
- 'On The Brink': Utah Breaks New COVID-19 Record With 1,960 New Cases (pageviews: 2356)